Weet-bix SurfGroms Program
Weet-bix SurfGroms is a kids development program facilitated by selected Surfing Australia affiliate surf schools around Australia. The program is focused on the development of kids surfing and covers all aspects from Ocean Water Safety through to Performance development. Surf Sessions has our regular coaching team on hand as well as guest mentor coaches and local elite surfers to give their support. Click on the above link for more info or contact Surf Sessions on firstname.lastname@example.org .
The Surf Sessions Weet-bix SurfGroms program is focused on the surfing development of kids ages 5 – 12 years old.
Surf Sessions coach from 5 year old beginners to some of Australia’s leading high performance junior surfers, so we have all abilities covered. Our focus is on the development of good surfing technique as well as ocean awareness and in surf confidence through education and practical exercises.
What is SurfGroms
- Weet-Bix SurfGroms is a national junior development program for 5-12yr olds that encourages kids to participate in surfing around Australia
- Weet-Bix SurfGroms consists of a series of lessons
- Every participant receives a free backpack containing a Rash Vest & other products.
- Every Weet-Bix SurfGrom will receive a logbook; a certificate; a Weet-Bix SurfGroms membership card.
- The Weet-Bix SurfGroms website hosts a powerful and secure social networking platform that allows registered Weatbix SurfGroms to communicate with one another; upload photos and videos; and stay in touch with all of their surfing mates
- Weet-Bix SurfGroms is the first cutting-edge national junior participation program, never before done anywhere in the world!
Weet-Bix SurfGroms feature 5 distinct skill levels, each with its own set of objectives and goals. Each level needs to be achieved before moving onto the next.
Level 1 is designed for complete beginners as an introduction to surfing, through to Level 5 which is conducted in 3-4ft conditions, and in which participants must demonstrate a competency in linking manoeuvres together on the open face of a wave.
Throughout the Weet-Bix SurfGroms program and each of the 5 skill levels, there is a significant focus on Ocean Awareness and Beach Safety.
Surf conditions, etiquette, first aid, and basic surf rescue skills have all been incorporated into the Weet-Bix SurfGroms program. Before any Weet-Bix SurfGrom receives a completion certificate and their graded wristband for each level, they must have successfully demonstrated all of the relevant ocean awareness and beach safety skills.